Monday, May 18, 2009

Kicking off the Season

With a decent sized Event inventory and some contacts I'm gearing up for the Fleamarket/Craftshow season.

There are two local places that have weekly Fleamarket/Auctions or Huge fleamarkets on Summer Holidays.

I've been browsing some local shops for ideas. It seems that there are a ton of beaders that show their wares. Since I am not a beader, I think finer styled chainmaille items will stand out.

I still have the items that attract the younger crowd: Lots of Anodized aluminum bracelets, earrings and chokers. But as I evolve the collections I'd like to carry; Colors, Fine Maille, Strong Maille and Sterling silver, I think each type of person that frequents the venues I choose to show at will have a nice variety to choose from.

Colors is self explainitory. Anodized aluminum and Enameld Copper. In bold colors and fun 'n young styles.

Fine Maille includes more feminine weaves like Half Persian 3 in 1 or 4 in 1. Shaggy loop beaded earrings, bracelets and necklaces in Jeweler's Brass or shiny Stainless. Bronze and copper necklaces with matching braclets. Appealing to women of all ages.

Strong Maille: Larger gauges, bolder weaves in Copper, Bronze and Stainless. Geared toward women who like big, bold substantial pieces or Men who like simple chains.

Sterling silver bracelets and necklaces in Byzantine, HP variations, simple Double cable. No beads as of yet, I'd like to learn more wire wrapping techniques to incorporate either natural stones or sea glass.

By the end of the week, everything should be cleaned, bagged and tagged for transport to the first event.

No comments:

Post a Comment