Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Let the Craft Show Season Begin!

I had a great time at the Gourmet Scrapbook event in the Detroit Area last weekend. Of course ate a lot, but still managed to lose a pound. (Go Weight Watchers!)

This week is awesome and filled with fun challenges.

First, we booked our first Craft show of the Season: Saturday May 8th from 10 am to 3 pm we'll be at the American Legion Unit 554 in Morley. Rain or shine, since it's outside. Candace B. of Candace's Creations will be with me selling her awesome jewelry in the Big Red Tent.
AM 554 has a restaurant and a bar so come on out and get your Spring time drink on or enjoy some lunch outdoors while shopping for Mother's Day, Father's day or ANY day. There will be a large group of Crafters of all sorts.

Get Directions here

Second: Cori, Candace and I will be attending the Bead Show at the Grand Hotel on Plainfield in Grand Rapids. Rings and Things from Spokane, Washington will be in the Star room on Saturday May 1st from Noon to 4 pm. No charge to enter. I'm excited to meet one of my supplies of beads and findings here in Grand Rapids. As most jewelry Artists know, bead shows can save you a considerable amount of money and give your supplier input on items you use most and are interested in using. I can't wait. If you have Facebook, check out this link. And 'like' Rings and Things. Tell them Armored Hearts sent you. Dave will love it.

Finally and the event I'm MOST excited about is the GRAND Opening Reception of Subtle Impact Photography. Owner/Artist Teresa Swift-Eckert was a former co-worker of mine. She has an impeccable eye for detail and always goes above and beyond to make any occasion the absolute best. Located at 101 South Main Street in Evart Michigan. Teresa and I will be discussing placing some Armored Hearts items in her Studio on consignment. I plan to branch out into wire wrapped items with Swarovski crystals and pearls for wedding wear and other fine jewelry.

So, design, design and design is the main focus for me, while Cori works on Marketing, booking craft shows and finding great ideas for future pieces of jewelry and wearable art.

2 comments:

  1. "Tell them Armored Hearts sent you. Dave will love it."

    YES I WILL!

    Thanks for putting this out there to your readers :)

    Dave
    at Rings & Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time. I can't wait till Saturday! When I visit a friend in Seattle, I'll have to drag them to see you! He'll be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete